Required documents to file a chapter 13 bankruptcy

Chapter 13 

"Repayment plan" bankruptcy

Illinois' Largest Bankruptcy Only

Bankruptcy Law Firm  

  • Credit Counseling Certificate
    Must be completed within 180 days prior to filing your bankruptcy.

    Tax Returns
    Copy of your four most recent years of FEDERAL AND STATE returns with all W2’s, 1099’s, etc. and attachments. 

    Proof of ALL income from the last 6 months, including employment, Social Security benefit letter showing monthly gross, deductions, and net received, monthly pension statements, unemployment income, child support and./or alimony received, business profit/loss statements, etc. 

    Bank Statements
    Bank statements for the most recent 90 days prior to your case being filed. This includes all accounts in your name, accounts that your name is listed on even if it isn’t your money, children and/or parents’ accounts your name is on, prepaid debit cards, health savings accounts, and flex spending accounts. 

    Realty Appraisal
    Most recent tax bill/assessment showing current fair market value or property or appraisal done within the last 3 years. 

    Real Estate
    Copy of most recent mortgage/loan statement showing current balance owed and pay off date

    Auto Loans
    Copy of Truth-in-Lending Disclosure for all auto loans
    Copy of most recent loan statement showing current balance and loan pay off date

    Titles for all paid-in-full vehicles

  • Retirement Accounts (401(k)s, IRAs, Pensions, Annuities, Stocks)
    Copy of most recent statement showing current balance of accounts/stocks
    Statement showing pay off date for any loans against retirement accounts

    Life Insurance 
    Statement showing the beneficiaries and cash surrender values of all policies

    Financial Accounts
    Statements for any stock trading accounts (e-trade, Scottrade, etc), CD’s, trust funds, college savings accounts, etc.

    Divorce and Child Support
    If you pay child support, a copy of the Child Support Order is required
    If you receive child support and have an Order through the State, we need a copy of all payments received for the last 3 years, can be obtained at
    If you have been divorced in the last 3 years, we need a copy of the divorce decree and Marital Property Settlement

    Copy of any lawsuits you have been a part of, including name and address of plaintiff’s attorney

    Title Search on any Real Estate (copies of any memorandums of judgment)
    We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you run a title search at your county courthouse on any real estate you own for any judicial liens or our office cannot effectively and properly remove these liens and they will still be attached to your property even after you receive a bankruptcy discharge.